08 April 2014

0

{Review} Click to Subscribe - L. M. Augustine


Click to Subscribe by L. M. Augustine
Genre: YA Contemporary
Release Date: May 9 / 2014
1 135 789. That’s how many subscribers sixteen-year-old West Ryder has on his web vlog series. But he only has eyes for one of them.
As one of the internet’s most prestigious video bloggers, West talks about high school relationships under the name “Sam Green.” As far as he knows, no one from school, not even his best friend, Cat, has seen his videos. But the highlight of the whole thing is Harper Knight, who comments every day at exactly 2:02 in the afternoon. He doesn’t know anything about her aside from the occasional deep philosophical messaging on why pizza tastes so delicious, but as stupid as it sounds, he might be falling for her. So when they finally agree to meet in real life, West’s hope for romance seems more and more in reach. But that all changes as soon as he arrives at their meeting spot and sees Cat walking toward him, wearing the same “I <3 Sam Green" T-shirt Harper promised him she'd have on.
To his alarm, West realizes he is falling in love with the best friend who has always been a sister to him.


I really wanted to like this book. I really did. Unfortunately, it didn't click with me as it did for many others. I've seen awesome reviews of this everywhere but I just didn't like it at all.

The dilemma in this story is the romance. West aka Sam Green loves this girl he knows through his vlog channel, who reveals herself as West's best friend, Cat, when they met in real life. This leads to a lot of emotional turmoil as he just can't accept his best friend as the love of his life. I found West really whiney and a lot of times, I really wanted to slap him in the face. He didn't have a teenage boy voice at all (at least not to me). He was a bit of a drama queen and I didn't really care for his relationship with Cat at all.

There was also this side thing about his relationship with his father thrown in. I found it completely irrelevant and his dad just got completely better at the end of the story. Unbelievable. West never even interacted much with him and just complained about him. He had a really bad attitude towards his dad throughout this whole story and his dad just magically got better. 

I didn't find anything in this story worth my time. I feel like it's suppose to be one of those "feel-good" books but it just didn't connect with me. It got so many great reviews as well but it was just really disappointing for me.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)