16 January 2014

0

{Review} Warrior - Ellen Oh


Warrior by Ellen Oh
Series: The Dragon King Chronicles #2
Genre: YA Fantasy
Release Date: Dec 31 / 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen
First an outcast, now a hero.
But her fight rages on.
Kira, the yellow-eyed demon slayer who fiercely protected her kingdom—and the crown prince—has been proclaimed the Dragon Musado of the prophecy. With the defeated the evil shaman.
But it wasn’t enough.
Hansong is in chaos. The Demon Lord’s minions have infiltrated the city, treason is brewing among the military ranks, and Kira is buried by the overwhelming loss of her parents. She’s also plagued by the annoying feelings that blossom whenever she’s around Jaewon. But she is determined that nothing will stop her from finding the second treasure needed to fulfill the Dragon King’s prophecy. Not even the army of half-breed demons hot on their trail. If only she could learn to trust others...
Her father always said one person can change the world. Will it be Kira?


- My review of the first book, Prophecy, is here

Warrior is the sequel to Prophecy and I enjoyed the book last year. *There might be spoilers for Prophecy, by the way!* This book picked up pretty much where it left off as Kira and the gang sets off to find the second treasure. It's up to Kira again to try and save the world.

My feeling about this book is pretty much the same as Prophecy's. Kira is a kickass girl and she doesn't need anyone to protect her. She sets out on this deadly journey to find the second treasure and along the way, we see lots of weird things. For example, Gom is now my new favorite character even though he doesn't talk. I got to enjoy the fantasy aspect of this book more than I did in the first book.

In Prophecy, I think I was worrying about the romance a lot and that's what took me away from enjoying the whole story. There isn't much more romance in Warrior (sadly) but I think I'm okay with that now. I've accepted the fact that the romance is pretty minimal. I actually like it this way.

Warrior is a great addition to the Dragon King Chronicles and I'll definitely be waiting on the final book in the series!

Rating:
Disclaimer: I realized my rating from prequel to sequel has lowered. This does not mean that I think Prophecy is better than Warrior. It's actually the opposite. I think it's because my standard of rating has changed over time and that is why it would look like Prophecy gets a higher rating than Warrior. In truth, I actually like Warrior better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)