12 December 2013

0

{Review} The 100 - Kass Morgan


The 100 by Kass Morgan
Genre: YA Science Fiction
Release Date: Sept 3 / 2013
Publisher: Little, Brown Books
In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.
Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust--and even love--again.



The 100 is a science fiction novel about recolonizing Earth and what happened there. It is a story centered around four teenagers (Wells, Clarke, Bellamy, and Glass) that lived on the spaceship but got sent to Earth. Wells is the chancellor's son that is risking everything to try and get the forgiveness of the girl he loves. Clarke is a criminal that is getting a new chance at life on Earth. Bellamy is a boy that fought his way onto the ship to protect his innocent sister, Octavia. Glass is a criminal that escaped being sent to Earth but realized that being on the spaceship is as dangerous as being on Earth.

This novel is told in four point of views, switching every chapter. I thought that would be why I couldn't enjoy the book but the switching views didn't bother me at all. Normally, I hate even dual views but I fared surprisingly well with four different point of views. It's nice to see what all the characters are doing and what they're feeling. My favourite character was Bellamy, the protective brother that would make sure his sister is okay at all costs.

The 100 is a book with potentials and it made me satisfied. Hopefully the sequel will be even more outstanding than this one. The ending didn't surprise me all that much because I watched the CW TV show trailer (yes, it's coming to TV!). It did end on a pretty good note and now it just left me waiting for the sequel.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)