14 December 2013

0

{Bookish Survey} The Hunger Games: Panem Favourites Part 1










This is another awesome bookish survey from Jasmine at Flip That Page. This time, it's a survey about the Hunger Games and I must say I enjoyed doing it. This is part 1. Let's begin, shall we?








District 1

Industry: Luxury Items

Favourite book involving royalty: 
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. I loved all the characters and the story. Puck has got to be my favourite character. He was so funny and he'll forever be in my heart <3 The infamous ginger trickster :3



District 2

Industry: Masonry and Weapons

Favourite book on war:
Insignia by S. J. Kincaid. I don't know if this qualifies since I don't know if the war has to be a war that actually happened. This book is about WWIII and I freaking love this book! It's one of my favourite sci-fi books and it's really underrated, I would say. Tom is such an amazing main character and it's great how the author can write in a male voice so well.



District 3

Industry: Electronics and Technology

Favourite science fiction book:
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I was going to go with Ender's Game but I've mentioned that before in another book survey. This one is about virtual reality and video games. It also has the main character solving a game. I never got any of the 80's reference but this has to be one of my favourites ever.


District 4

Industry: Fishery

Favourite beach read (however you define one!):
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I'm totally cheating but whatever. I haven't actually finished this book yet but from what I've read, it's pretty light and cute. That's perfect for any beach day! Plus, the new cover is pretty adorable.




District 5

Industry: Power

Favourite book involving superhuman / supernatural characters: 
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. I really loved this and the supernatural people were called the voyants, I think. This was just an awesome book with tons of action that kept the book moving. The kickass heroine doesn't hurt either.



District 6

Industry: Transportation and Healing

Favourite road-trip / self-discovery book:
The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski. This is one of the best road trip books I've ever read. The romance was good and I loved how they were there for each other. This is a self-discovery book as well so it qualifies for both.




District 7

Industry: Lumber and Wood

Favourite book with a wilderness / dystopian setting:
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. This is one of my favourite dystopian books and it has a wilderness setting too! Perry and Roar haha. They're both so cute and sexy. The powers about enhanced senses are pretty cool too. If you haven't read this, you must! I'm just waiting on the final book now.



District 8

Industry: Fabrics and Textiles

Favourite book cover:
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. This cover is too gorgeous, dammit. It's so perfect. I'm definitely buying the book just for the cover. Hopefully the story will be beautiful as well >___<




District 9

Industry: Grain

Favourite under-hyped book:
Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep. Mythos Academy is one of the most under-hyped books ever. I don't really know many that have read this but it is amazing! Definitely for mythology junkies like myself. You don't wanna miss the sexy Spartan, Logan Quinn ;)


District 10

Industry: Livestock

Favourite book involving animals (werewolves and shapeshifters count!): 
Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck. This is definitely another under-hyped book. This is a tiger shapeshifter book and it's set in India and the US. I loved this book so much when I first read it because it had a good balance of both action and romance, which I found in very few YA books. The romance pretty good too! Kinda like the Vampire Diaries since the love interests were brothers.




District 11

Industry: Farming and Agriculture

Favourite fictional setting:
Camp Half-Blood from the Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan. Rick Riordan's books have been my favourites forever. They're actually what started me in reading. Camp Half-Blood will always be the magical place where everything happened for me. It has a special place in my heart :)



District 12

Industry: Coal Mining

Rock solid favourite (from concluded series):
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. This remains my absolute favourite of 2013. I loved the ending so much. I'm sure this book are many people's favourite of 2013 and I honestly couldn't have asked for a better conclusion to the series.



The Capitol

Central seat of government

Favourite book with a political agenda:
Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I'm not sure if this had a qualifying political agenda in it but there was struggle in the government with the Lunars. I loved the book so much and I can't wait for Cress!





It's been a bunch of fun doing this survey and I hope I've added books to your TBR pile. Part 2 of this survey will be coming next weekend so watch out for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)