08 November 2013

0

{Review} Countdown - Michelle Rowen


Countdown by Michelle Rowen
Genre: YA Dystopia
Release Date: Oct 1 / 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
3 seconds left to live. Once the countdown starts, it cannot be stopped.
2 pawns thrown into a brutal underground reality game.
Kira Jordan survived her family's murder and months on plague-devastated city streets with hard-won savvy and a low-level psi ability. She figures she can handle anything. Until she wakes up in a barren room, chained next to the notorious Rogan Ellis.
1 reason Kira will never, ever trust Rogan. Even though both their lives depend on it.
Their every move is controlled and televised for a vicious exclusive audience. And as Kira's psi skill unexpectedly grows and Rogan's secrets prove evermore deadly, Kira's only chance of survival is to risk trusting him as much as her instincts. Even if that means running head-on into the one trap she can't escape.
GAME OVER.


*A review copy was provided by the publisher*
Thank you so much to Harlequin Teen!

For fans of the Hunger Games and the Testing, this book reminded me of why I loved dystopian novels and deadly games so much.

Kira Jordan was kidnapped and put into the same room as Rogan. They became partners in a super secretive TV show called the Countdown. There are a total of six levels in the game and to clear them all means you'll get a grand prize. But should you fail, you'll die in a gruesome way.

What I loved the most about this novel is the relationship between Kira and Rogan. Even though there were so many things that could've prevented them from becoming friends, they still trusted each other until the very end. All the levels of the Countdown were very entertaining though I wish some parts could be more deadly.

One thing I didn't like was the romance. They kind of hated each other at first and when they were put into a room together they just loved each other. Instant attraction, I know.. that's a shame. Also, Kira sometimes become really emotional and then unemotional all of a sudden. That bugs me a bit. She also wants to hate Rogan sometimes but can't because of her undying attraction towards him. Just *facepalm*.

I might've listed out all the bad points but I did really enjoy the novel. I was enjoying the ride. After I finished it, I slowly analyzed what happened and then came up with most of the things that kind of bugged me. Overall, Countdown is a great novel for people who liked the Hunger Games and the Testing.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)