11 August 2013

5

{Review} The Elite - Kiera Cass


The Elite by Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection #2
Genre: YA Fantasy / Dystopia
Release Date: Apr 23 / 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.
America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.
Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.


The Selection was one of my favorites last year and I'm sad to say that the Elite didn't live up to the first book.

In the Elite, we get to find out more about Aspen and Maxon. You see America going between these two boys and just how undecisive she is in choosing which boy she likes. It's kind of annoying but also entertaining at the same time. Due to certain things revealed in this book, I don't like or trust Maxon anymore. He seems like he's hiding something and that he might have an ulterior motive. So now, I'm all for Aspen! Woot!

Despite sounding not all that excited about this book, it did have its good points. I think it all comes down to The One (the third book), where they finally end everything. Palace life is as always, the girls are always trying to cause each other's downfalls and compete in palace duties. There was a bit on the rebels and I wish we could have found out more about them.

While reading this book, my mind was going everywhere so I didn't have much thought to take notes. Basically, I wish this book was better and it could have been better. Now, I'm just waiting on The One.

Rating:

5 comments:

  1. Huh, I should be starting this one soonish. I enjoyed The Selection but that was ages ago so it'll be interesting to see how I've changed as a reader.

    Lovely review, hon! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Selection yet, but I have heard good things. It's too bad this one isn't as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww too bad this isn't as good as the first one :( I actually still wanna start the series despite all the negative reviews. Yesterday I saw The Elites at the bookstore but no The Selection *sighs* On a side note, I'm sure The One will have a gorgeous cover as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always just order the Selection online. And yes! The cover for the One must be beautiful!!!

      Delete
  4. I just finished reading The Selection and really liked it. At first I was all for Aspen but then really liked Maxon :D I mean who wouldnt like a prince? It was extremely entertaining. In a bachelor sort of way if that makes sense? xD Personally, I adore stories with monarchy so the moment I saw it I was instantly interested. I even bought The Elite before I finished The Selection but I'm so bummed to hear you didnt like it :/ I feel like this is one of those series where the awesomeness could be multiplied by a lot if the sequel is done right. Anyways, great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)