24 February 2013

1

{Review} Renegade - J. A. Souders



Renegade by J. A. Souders
Series: The Elysium Chronicles #1
Release Date: 11/13/212
Publisher: Tor Teen

Amazon / B&N / TBD / Chapters
Since the age of three, sixteen-year-old Evelyn Winters has been trained to be Daughter of the People in the underwater utopia known as Elysium. Selected from hundreds of children for her ideal genes, all her life she’s thought that everything was perfect; her world. Her people. The Law.
But when Gavin Hunter, a Surface Dweller, accidentally stumbles into their secluded little world, she’s forced to come to a startling realization: everything she knows is a lie. 
Her memories have been altered. 
Her mind and body aren’t under her own control. 
And the person she knows as Mother is a monster.
Together with Gavin she plans her escape, only to learn that her own mind is a ticking time bomb... and Mother has one last secret that will destroy them all.



 Renegade is quite an interesting book. Though I feel like the book is too stretched, it's still pretty okay. You have Evie who realize the world around her is pretty much a lie and Gavin, the love interest.

I didn't find this book all that good because I never found myself caring about what happened to them. The escape took up practically the whole book. It really could have been a lot shorter, I think. The only action was them escaping and hiding everywhere. The characters weren't 3D and I felt like Evie was supposed to be this kickass Enforcer but really she wasn't. I mean, she can kill people like there was no tomorrow, but her mind wasn't calculating all the time <-- that could have made it better.

I have no idea if I would pick up the sequel since this one didn't have much a wow factor. This isn't really something I'll recommend to everyone but if you like dystopias, go ahead. I'm sure you'll like this :)


Rating:

1 comment:

  1. This one seems quite interesting. Sorry it didn't work out for you though. But hey, I don't very much like dystopia (or the genre just doesn't like me) so I might not like it. XD

    I love the new rating system! I'm changing mine as well but not in letter/grade format. But that's a neat idea! XD Don't worry, i'm not gonna copy it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)