21 February 2013

2

{Review} Legend - Marie Lu



Legend by Marie Lu
Series: Legend #1
Release Date: 11/29/2011
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic’s wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic’s highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country’s most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.
From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June’s brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family’s survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias’s death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.
Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.


Legend was an amazing book :) I literally have no words for it. You follow June and Day around. And for once, I'm not confused about the switching POVs. Ms. Lu does that well, because I'm usually sooo confused about who's point of view I'm in.

I enjoyed reading about Day more than June and I don't know why ;P I like how he has to stand up himself on the streets and also avoid anyone knowing he's Day. He's the most wanted criminal in the Republic so he's gotta keep lying low.

The best part about the whole book was the action we got. The romance was only a little part but I enjoyed what we got. But seriously, most of the time, you were leading from one place to another to be on a mission or something. I'm not complaining.. I'm such an action junkie lol.


Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I should really try this. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYZZ!! *happy dance* so glad to hear you liked this one. I got to admit Marie Lu gave a little glimpse of romance but I couldn't help but want more. Its obvious however that thats not one of the main driving forces behind her books. Her strength, in my opinion, lies more on the actual plot and the complexity of her characters. Great review Ariella! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)