14 February 2013

0

{Review} Gravity - Melissa West


Gravity by Melissa West
Series: The Taking #1
Release Date: 10/30/2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen
In the future, only one rule will matter:
Don’t. Ever. Peek.
Seventeen-year-old Ari Alexander just broke that rule and saw the last person she expected hovering above her bed — arrogant Jackson Locke, the most popular boy in her school. She expects instant execution or some kind of freak alien punishment, but instead, Jackson issues a challenge: help him, or everyone on Earth will die.
Ari knows she should report him, but everything about Jackson makes her question what she’s been taught about his kind. And against her instincts, she’s falling for him. But Ari isn’t just any girl, and Jackson wants more than her attention. She’s a military legacy who’s been trained by her father and exposed to war strategies and societal information no one can know — especially an alien spy, like Jackson. Giving Jackson the information he needs will betray her father and her country, but keeping silent will start a war.


Okay, I've been procrastinating for a long time now and I have decided it's time to stop being lazy and write this review (and all the other ones piling up).

Gravity was an amazing book.. I read it 'til 4 AM in the morning (that's the record so far). I couldn't put it down until I finished the entire thing..

AND OMG.. *fangirl moment* JACKSON LOCKE *flails* He is just so dreamy :) He might be a bit arrogant and infuriating but I STILL LOVE HIM ANYWAYS. I think he does really love Ari :3

One problem I had with this book was how easily Ari switched on to the Ancient's side. I would have questioned everything and made sure I got all my facts straight and that I was supporting what I truly believed in before I switched. But I think it was the government's fault that they weren't straight forward with their citizens.

This book's got a bit of everything. You have action when Jackson and Ari are doing some of their missions. You got sizzling romance between the two of them *flails* *sigh* This book was just so good!

The ending left me a bit breathless. NOW I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IN HOVER... OMG LIKE.. I WILL DIE.. *ahem* Anyways.. The revelation at the end.. I kind of predicted that. Wasn't that big of a surprise for me. Now.. *sigh* Waiting on Hover :s


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)