03 January 2013

0

{Manga Review} A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 - Kaoru Mori


A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 by Kaoru Mori
Release Date: 10/25/2011
Publisher: Yen Press
Acclaimed creator Kaoru Mori's tale of life on the nineteenth-century Silk Road continues as the young bride, Amir Halgal, struggles to remain with her new groom despite the wishes of her family, who would see her wed another. Will Amir be able to preserve the bonds she has cultivated in her new home?








My review of the first volume is here.

More of my manga love for all you peoplez :) 

Vol. 2 in this series actually wraps up the story of Amir pretty well. You'll get to see more of her in Vol. 3 but she isn't the main character anymore. In this volume, we're struggling more with Amir's tribe. They want her back to give her to another tribe. Her new family doesn't give her up easily though. The whole town fights for her.

What I like to emphasize is the beautiful drawing. Everything is so detailed :) I felt like I could see what the 19th Century Silk Road was like. I'm not a hardcore manga fan but seriously.. the drawings are so pretty T__T

A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 is a great sequel to volume 1. It gives more Amir and what life was like back then. I recommend you to read this manga series if you enjoy beautiful manga drawings and ancient lifestyles :)


Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)