29 November 2012

1

{Review} Such Wicked Intent - Kenneth Oppel


Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel
Series: The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein #2
Release Date: 08/21/2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Amazon / B&N / TBD / Chapters
Devotion turns deadly in this second Gothic thriller from Kenneth Oppel.When does obsession become madness? Tragedy has forced sixteen-year-old Victor Frankenstein to swear off alchemy forever. He burns the Dark Library. He vows he will never dabble in the dark sciences again—just as he vows he will no longer covet Elizabeth, his brother’s betrothed.
If only these things were not so tempting.
When he and Elizabeth discover a portal into the spirit world, they cannot resist. Together with Victor’s twin, Konrad, and their friend Henry, the four venture into a place of infinite possibilities where power and passion reign. But as they search for the knowledge to raise the dead, they unknowingly unlock a darkness from which they may never return.



Such Wicked Intent is a very scary book. Seriously, this is even better than the first one and I'm not even sure that is possible. I was reading this in the daylight and I was scared to death. (Well, I don't watch scary movies either, so I guess my opinion on scary stuff probably doesn't matter that much). 

My favorite, Victor, is finding his way into trouble again. Or should we say, trouble finds him. Victor is always too curious for his own good so we can't blame him anyways.

This one is definitely darker than the first book. With the ghost world and all that ghost crap, this book scared the shiz out of me.

At the end of this book, we had to let go of Konrad for good so I'm kinda sad.. :(

Overall, this is a great Frakenstein novel and a stunning sequel. I definitely recommend this series to anyone!


Rating:




1 comment:

  1. I definitely want to read the first book now :) I'll definitely be reading in daylight, since it sounds scary! The idea is also super interesting to me. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)