27 September 2012

2

{Review} Dante's Girl - Courtney Cole


Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole

Release Date: 07/24/2012
Publisher: Lake House Press
Format: eBook, 356 pages

Amazon / B&N / BD / Goodreads

I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring. Until this year. 
And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:
1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes. 2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise. 5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.
Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference? 
But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl. 
My heart just might be crazy.



Oh. My. Goodness. This is like the most fluffy romantic book I've ever read. Actually, I don't like reading romantic books (not without some sort of paranormal plot anyways). The fact that I loved this is a miracle. I never liked romantic books. I've seen bloggers say that this is amazing so I picked this up and read it :)

And let me just say, I'M NOT DISAPPOINTED!! I'm so happy I read this :D


The narrator, Reece, is so funny! Maybe that's why I loved this so much. I'm desperate for humourous YA books. No luck there. Reece is just a normal Kansan girl who is in love with the son of the Prime Minister of some island. They're worlds apart yet they love each other so much. Aww!!! 


I especially loved Reece. She is a funny Kansan girl. I'm seriously cheering for her. Every time, Elena goes near Dante, I'm like, "HANDS OFF, BITCH." Oh, sweet Reece.

I do, and always will until the end of time, look like the girl next door. It is my curse. My eternal fate. They're probably going to put it on my tombstone. Here lies Reece Ellis, the cute little girl next door.
I will always love Reece. *tears*

Ooh.. and another good thing. Two words. DANTE. GILIBERTI. He is like.. Sex God Incarnate. He is such a gentleman. Hey, let's see what Reecey-piecey thinks of him. 
It's like a slow-motion scene from a movie. Dante shakes his blond bangs out of his eyes and the sun catches every glint of gold in his hair. His legs are long, lean, tanned and muscled and HolyCowThereIsAGod. If I were a man, I would totally be wolf-whistling right now. But then again, if I were a man, I guess I wouldn't be wolf-whistling at Dante. I'm such a weirdo.

If you haven't read this, YOU MUST. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO. You should definitely read this. It's life and death (okay, maybe not that extreme). But honestly, it's like my book of the month. My review probably didn't do this justice, but seriously, this book is made of awesomeness. I even convinced my bff to read this.

So, what if you still don't want to read this? Well, gurlie, you're missing out on something 
big :D

P. S. I seriously have lots of highlighted stuff in this. I don't highlight quotes in my books because I'm lazy and forgetful like that. But with this book? At least 20 highlighted quotes. AMAZING.


Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover! Hysterical review, you really loved it, and I love seeing that in your review :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with this review. :) Thank you so much for reading it- and I'm really happy that you liked it! -- Courtney

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)