23 August 2012

0

{Review} Crushed by K. C. Blake


Crushed (The Witch-Game #1)

By K. C. Blake
Release Date: 07/30/2011
Format: Paperback, 262 pages
Purchase: (BookDepository)
The Noah sisters rule Titan High with their beauty, brains, and magical powers. Each year they play a secret game: Crushed. The girls pick their targets carefully and blow enchanted dust into the boy’s faces, charming them, but this year Kristen makes a grave mistake. She chooses the wrong boy and almost dies that same day. Coincidence? Maybe. But something isn’t quite right about Zach Bevian. He doesn’t behave like a boy who’s been Crushed. He goes from hot to cold, from looking at her with contempt to asking her out on a date. She doesn’t know what to think. Does he hate her or is he truly falling for her? Is he trying to kill her, or is he trying to save her?




*A copy was provided by the author for reviewing purposes*

Cover: Seems.. mysterious. Kinda reminds me of Pretty Little Liars (I don't even watch the show).


My Thoughts:


I think this was a very sweet story :)


The Noah sisters go to Titan High and every year they have a secret game called Crushed. They blow magic dust (love potion) into their targets' faces (poor boys), and ask them to do bizarre things. Britney (one of the sisters) dared Kristen (the protagonist) to Crush one of the most dangerous boys in school this year. Zach Bevian, unfortunately for Kristen, is a wizard. Love potions don't work on witches and wizards (that is, if they're powerful enough). Through the story, you see Kristen doubt if Zach has actually been Crushed. He's glaring at her one minute and asking her out the next. 


I liked the romantic relationship between Kristen and Zach. It was really sweet :) There were moments when I was like this:



Okay, scratch the kitty part, but that was totally my expression.

Other than all the romantic stuff (fluffiness!), I really liked the mysterious case of attempted killings they were solving. Someone seems to target Kristen (of course) and wants to murder her. Through the whole book, I was like, "Oh yeah, blah blah blah totally wants to murder her." But I was proven wrong at the very end. I thought I got it.. but nope.. I didn't.

Now, what I didn't like so much about the book was that you don't really see much of their powers. Besides brewing love potions and teleporting and some other stuff I won't say, you don't really see the extent of what the witches and wizards can do. I hope to find out more about their powers in the second book.

Moment I was laughing:
"No, I'm not chicken. The motorcycle doesn't worry me. The driver does."
"Excuse me? I happen to be an excellent driver."
"Yeah, that's what they all say." ~Crushed, K. C. Blake
Moments Kitty-expression worthy:


"I love you, too," she said. "I want you to know that even though you're leaving. No matter how many boys come and go, I will never forget you, and I will never stop loving you." ~Crushed, K. C. Blake
"I changed because of you. You've taught me that love is real and that I don't have to be perfect to be happy and that I have a lot to learn about life. I want to explore everything, try everything." ~Crushed, K. C. Blake


Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Please comment below and I'll reply and return the favor! Leave me a link to your post and I'll definitely come check it out :)